09 February 2009

that just happened ...

Last night I went to The Gathering (a Sunday night ministry at my church, primarily for college and post-college age). I have attended on a regular basis for years, minus a couple years when I was in Alaska, but don't really know many people. I have found it rather difficult to break into in terms of community building, etc ... Anyhow, so last night I went and was waiting for my friend to show up. I was seated on some benches outside the auditorium. After a few minutes this guy came over and sat at the other end of the bench. A couple minutes later he scooted closer to me. And then he scooted closer again. We struck up a conversation and I eventually asked, "So what's your name?" He said, "I'm ______." And I said, "Hi, I'm Christina. Nice to meet you." And we continued talking a bit. I was right in the middle of a sentence when he casually turned his head to glance at me and then got up and sauntered off. Yeah. Apparently, I'm THAT intriguing that people just can't handle it so they leave, mid-conversation. Go me!

Still wanting to write. I haven't forgotten. It's hard to find time to get to a computer. But I will post more as soon as I can. Maybe this week?

No comments: