05 January 2010

some things i'm working on this year ...

Main goals this year:
Get healthy in all areas - physically/emotionally/spiritually/socially; Be more attentive/in-tune/kind to myself and know that I'm worth it; Live out of a place of shalom (it means peace, well-being, nothing missing and nothing broken); Open myself up more; Exercise my creativity muscles more; Be more attentive in my relationships; and there are likely more. These include but are not limited to:


*I'd like to participate in various races with friends throughout the year and throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area (preferably one per month - we'll see if that happens).

*Work out several times a week, if not every day, intentional exercise, to tone my body and to increase energy and to increase overall health.

*Start a high quality vitamin/mineral supplement program.

*Next week I'm starting a work/study arrangement with a local yoga studio. I give them an hour and fifteen minutes/week of in-studio childcare in exchange for UNLIMITED classes and UNLIMITED massage! I'm so very excited about this! They have yoga, pilates, boot camp, and some other classes. Sounds like I'm getting the better end of the deal to me!

*Work through the First Place for Health program. It's a Christ-centered approach to finding healthy balance in all areas of life, complete with a 10-week Bible study on healthy living. The website mentions classes and group studies and a member's kit for $80+. I found the main book and the Bible Study book for $6.99 each at Mardel.

*Begin and complete Beth Moore's Breaking Free study. I start this on Wednesday, February 3rd. I've been wanting to do this study for years and a friend said they were offering it as a women's ministry study at her church, so another friend and I are doing it together.

* Write more! And work toward selling something I've written.

* Set more healthy boundaries in my relationships. 2009 was a ground-breaking year for me in this area and I want 2010 to surpass that!

* Participate in a Financial Peace University class/group. Pay off the debt I have.

* Stop worrying so much what others think of me and live authentically from the heart.

* Be a CASA volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate). Basically the court appoints you to advocate on behalf of abused and neglected children. You're assigned specific cases and you go to hearings, meetings, other appointments and speak on behalf of the best interests of the children in your case. I'm in the process of applying for this right now, then I have an interview, they do an extensive background check, check my references, etc ... Then I go through training for 4 1/2 weeks before I'm assigned a case.

* Read the books I have before I buy new ones. This is a serious problem with me. I'm currently reading Mother Daughter Wisdom and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom both by Christiane Northrup, M.D. Both are very good and I'm learning something new every single time I open them up; stuff I've never thought about but that is so important to women's health. Every woman should read these books - at least Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom.

* Go back to school to work toward finishing my degree. I think I've decided I want to double major in Psychology and Sociology. I know I at least want to do Psychology but we'll see.

* Have conversations that need to be had, even if they're tough, and trust that God will give me words to speak.

* Try to get out of town more, visiting friends or on personal retreats - probably after paying off debt unless it's some place more local.

* Obtain full-time, fulfilling, meaningful work.


These are just a few of the things that I'm already working on in 2010. What are you working on this year? What story are you living? What kind of scenes will your story have this year?

No comments: